Saturday 28 January 2012

Saturday 7 January - The weekends are easier ....

The weekends are easier.
In the week, I spend 7 hours a day chained to a desk with a headset clamped to my skull doing customer-servicey type work like advising people what to do about wasps nests, fallen fences, rent arrears or transfers.
I work for a Housing Association in the Customer Services Team… a bunch of real gannets we are – a “pod” of 6 of us with two desks at the end of the pod designed to hold all of our forms and stationery, but which in fact is usually stacked high with nibbles and treats to get us through the day.  It’s not conducive to slimming let me tell you.  A nightmare.
Today though – no work.  I had food shopping to do first thing, but packed 3 rich tea biscuits into a little biscuit holder thingie I got from Lakeland Plastics (99p – what a bargain) and ate these in the check-out queue in Asda when cake cravings threatened to get the better of me).



Came home and made he-who-must-be-obeyed his usual all-day-fry-up. 
Decided to fill myself up at the same time on the basis that if I eat once, now, (now being 11am) then maybe I wont keep running to the fridge all day long and grazing!   
So!  With this (lovely) thought in mind, I had two toasted doorstep sized slices of Asda fresh bread, topped with oodles of baked beans, into which I grated a lot of cheddar cheese … and then zapped in the microwave for 30 seconds so that the cheese was all gooey and stringy.
OMG it was so scrummy.   Heaven knows how many calories were in that little lot, but guess what? It worked!!! I didn’t eat anything else all day long, and didn’t feel remotely peckish until about 8pm, at which point it was easy to ignore the pangs, have a bath, read my library book and go to bed – more peckish but not keeling over – at 10.30pm.

No comments:

Post a Comment