Friday 27 January 2012

Wednesday 4 January 2012 - the first weigh in ....

You know the diet is working when you get a raging headache and a horrible metal taste in the mouth. 
Woke up with both today. Yippee.
Walked extra fast and a bit farther with the dog this morning. 
Polished the lounge whilst dancing vigorously to my new SuBo CD (Christmas present from kid II).  Then left for work.
Ryvitas and cheese at 11am. I know it’s the same as yesterday, but routine seems to keep me on the straight and narrow.
Carrot sticks looking like miniature leaning towers of Piza today. Definitely on the turn. Couldn’t face the humus so had 2 scottish all butter shortcake biscuits from the office goodie tin instead.   Not good but not the end of the world either.   120 calories each.  How many calories in humus by comparison I wonder ….? 
Can’t be bothered to look it up and compare actually, in case it’s bad news.
A bowl of Alpen for tea with 5 dates stuck on top.   Yum. I love dates.  These dates were actually 11 days “out of date” according to the sticky label on the box, but it was covering up the calorie content which I took to be a good omen, so I decided to eat them anyway.
Live dangerously, that’s my motto!
Went to mother’s in the evening and got a shock to find I am a hefty 12 stone 1lb according to her scales. Surely that can’t be right?  They are old Boots ones, circa 1970.  Personally I think they’re a bit ‘out’.  I was going to put them in the wheelie bin, but mother told me that even if they are ‘out’ they will still record what you lose when you’re dieting and this is all  you need to know really …  n’est pas?  
(my mother says n’est pas a lot.  She is French).
 Hmmmm.
These pensioners can be quite bolshy at times can’t they?

No comments:

Post a Comment