Tuesday 31 January 2012

Thursday 12 January - does anyone out there like cottage cheese??

I am trying to warm to cottage cheese, but to be honest it’s just not happening.
So far I’ve tried the versions with garlic, with pineapple and with chives and it still looks and tastes like sick.  £3 down the drain this week so far, and that’s likely to increase as I’m also trying to enamour myself to plain yoghurt but don’t hold out much hope.
On the exercise front at work, I have taken to continually lifting and lowering the waste paper bin between my ankles to coincide with every call I take.  If it’s a short call it’s fine. Unfortunately if it’s a longer one then it’s a little trickier and in fact one tenant did sympathise with me today and tell me that she too suffers with emphysema and had I tried raw egg, because it certainly works for her.
Hmmm.  I wonder if raw egg helps with slimming as well as emphysema.  It can’t be any more revolting than cottage cheese or plain yoghurt surely?
Food today:
Toast with a scrape of marmite for breakfast.
2 bananas
1 fruit yoghurt
4 ryvitas with the briefest scraping of various varieties of cottage cheese (the rest was dumped in the bin)
Jacket potato with tuna (no butter) and a big mixed salad.
One bite of pizza (left on himself’s plate – waste not want not).
Bowl of Alpen with dates and bananas on top plus 5 chocolate drops (kid II put these on as she thought I was trying to make a pattern on top of the cereal…)
Half a Bounty Bar – it was kid II’s fault, she gave me the taste for chocolate.
Bed time now.
I am knackered.
I had to run 60 times up and down the flipping stairs in order to eat the chocolate drops, pizza and Bounty.
Himself said: ‘nevermind your figure woman, think of my hall carpet!’.
Honestly. There’s no pleasing some people is there!


No comments:

Post a Comment