Sunday 19 February 2012

Monday 30 January - thought I had the diet sussed, but an Everton Mint does not do it for me as an evening meal...

Okay so I’ve got it sussed (I think).
 
 
I figure that life is too short to be calorie counting all the while, so in future I will eat all the bad stuff in the morning, early on, and then depending on how bad it has been, I will tailor that day’s exercise to suit … and I will aim to stop eating from mid-afternoon onwards to give the old tum a chance to recover.
With this in mind I had apple crumble and custard for breakfast, heated up in the microwave at work and nibbled on throughout the morning whilst working out people’s rent payments.    Well, it caused quite a stir I can tell you … the sharp smell of apples mingled with the sweet smell of crumble had people hovering around my desk like a plague of locusts, and more than one person sneaked back with a teaspoon to have a swift poke around in my Tupperware box and extract a mouthful of my lovely treaty breakfast for themselves!
That said, I still had quite a large portion … and oooooh, it was lovely while it lasted.
Unfortunately, the cheese salad that followed 4 hours later was paltry in comparison, and the two tomatoes sliced to cover (just about) one measly slice of toast in the evening was positively demoralising.  
Went for a dog walk afterwards to take my mind off of food and made an Everton mint last for the whole 45 minute circuit by sucking on it as gently as possible.
Then went off to bed with my tummy rumbling and decided that eating all the bad stuff together and then nibbling like a rabbit for the rest of the day is simply not my style.
Will rethink the entire diet tomorrow…

No comments:

Post a Comment