Wednesday 8 February 2012

Saturday 21 January - it's the meals out that wreck the diet!

Okay.
Not doing bad now.  Still not brilliant.
Shopped in the morning and resisted my usual treat of a cream cake at the baker!  Had a banana instead. How saintly was that.
Went to the library and took out a selection of cookery books and some on Slimming. One was the Hay Diet which was all the rage in the 70’s and looked quite simple … well, pages 1 – 7 did anyway. After that and when alkaline started looking similar to both protein and carbs but is apparently neither, I got confused and had a bag of crisps to help me focus.
Couldn’t get back to the ‘no food after mid-afternoon’ rule today, as we were off out for a meal with the in-laws. Very nice it was too, fish and chips and then sticky toffee pudding with home made custard.  Oh how bad am I.  I was stuffed at the end of the meal and wish so much I’d have opted for something lighter and healthier. Will I ever learn??


No comments:

Post a Comment