Monday 13 February 2012

Thursday 26 January - I discover that the ironing board does not make a good ballet 'barre'

Oooh I do love that hollow goodie two shoes feeling I get when I wake up with an empty belly.
No dog walk this morning as it was raining, but I did get on my hands and knees and scrub the hall and stair carpet with some fabric softener. Lovely smell and I worked up quite a sweat doing it (which probably ruined the lovely smell) but it was good exercise anyway.
Biked to work and that was harder than usual as one of my tyres has a slow puncture at the moment so it’s like pushing through mud most of the time.
 
 
Food today:
2 bananas, cherry tomatoes,  (morning)
Lump of cheese with 3 water biscuits (morning)
4 humps of Toblerone (Xmas present – I’m making it last!!) (10am)
1 vegetarian rissole with mashed potatoes and frozen mixed veg (about 2pm)
Nothing more to eat after 2pm.
In the evening I used my ironing board as a “barre” and pretended to be a ballerina
.......  until my body gave way and I ended up in a heap like a broken doll on the bedroom floor, clutching a bit of my leg (the tibia or fibia or some such) and promising never to subject it to such agony again. After that I decided to use the ironing board for its proper purpose, but ensured I executed more exaggerated ironing strokes for additional exercise.  How good am I?
Also took the hound for a walk but it was bitterly cold out and I forgot to take my hat so had to hold fingers in my ears halfway round to prevent earache.  It did look a bit ridiculous so I cut the walk short by one block in the end and came home.
Not a bad day’s work though – n’est pas?
 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment